OpenAlps Award 2013: Ideas have no borders
The OpenAlps Award 2013 organized by the OpenAlps Consortium looked for the best Open Innovation Projects (products or services) developed by SMEs located in the Alpine Region. The call for application was open for 2 months for any interested SME familiar with Open Innovation methods for the development of products or services. Candidates were asked to describe the way their product or service has integrated the Open Innovation approach, at what phase of the innovation process and with what kind of method, as well as what the benefits for the involved external actors were. In total the OpenAlps Consortium received about twenty applications from four countries: France, Slovenia, Italy and Germany. A panel of international experts that served as jury selected the three best Open Innovation Stories amongst the 10 shortlisted following the criteria below:
• Open Innovation approach used,
• market potential of the product or service,
• level of cooperation with external actors / stakeholders,
• benefits for the stakeholders
• transnational approach of the company.
Winners of the OpenAlps Award
The Italian companies bMooble and Desall and the French company Raid light VERTICAL were invited to attend the Open Innovation Day in Lyon on June 26th where they were officially awarded as Winners of the OpenAlps Award 2013. During this Open Innovation Day, they were given the opportunity to present their projects to an international audience as well as show videos of their products. The Open Innovation day also offered them the opportunity to broaden their knowledge and profit from the expertise of other Open Innovation experts as well as network with potential partners from the Rhônes-Alpes Region in the frame of B2B meetings.
Overview on OpenAlps Award winners
- bMooble is a high-tech software company located in Turin which developed a technology supporting the creation of sophisticated mobile apps and quick delivery of mobile services. Read more here.
- Desall s.r.l. from Roncade in Veneto operates in the industrial design field. It developed a crowdsourcing platform where SMEs can specify their needs and receive feedback from a large number of international stakeholders. Read more here
- The French brand from Saint-Pierre-de-Chartreuse, Raidlight-Vertical is specialized in trail-running and light hiking. They created a web design workshop platform and a “Raidlight Outdoor lab”, consisting in a R&D Lab open for users and space practices in situ to test products and identify trends. Read more here
Learn more about the 10 shortlisted best ideas following this link